It’s the first day of a new year and the first day of a new decade. Wow! I’m a full decade older, makes it sound so much worst than I’m a year older huh? If you follow me on Rita Reviews, then you have already read pretty much all of my goals for this year. I didn’t want to repeat them all. It would be silly. I thought I would share with you my goals and hopes for Wickedly Romance this year.
What would be a book blog without some sort of reading goals? This year I decided that I would read 300 books. In 2029, I read 249, so I figured why not. Of course that is only the books on Goodreads which is where I typically keep up with that sort of thing. I always forget to add int he books I read on my Nook to there though. I really wish Nook did like Kindle and connected so I could automatically add my books from wither. I am planning on doing a little better with Goodreads this year as well. I also figured out the issue with Goodreads and fixed it. You shouldn’t have a problem finding me there now.
These are the same as what I share on Rita Reviews but I wanted to share them once again. I have a lot of general blogging goals for the year. I don’t know how or if I am going to be able to accomplish them all but I am certainly going to give it a go.
- Better Time Management: This is a big one. I feel like I don’t do this well enough. Some days I am on top of this. In fact I feel like I breeze through it while other days I feel like I’m drowning and there isn’t enough time in the day.
- Better Photography: This is a goal I am been working on for a while. It is a work in progress. It’s something that you have to practice at to get better and while I think I have gotten better than I was a couple of years ago, I know I still need work.
- Affiliate Marketing: I dabble in this. This year I want to get into more and have a better system in place with it. It is just a small part of my next bigger goal.
- Earn More Money: I would like to earn another $150-300 a month. I have a couple of ways I plan on doing this and I need to get them implemented.
There is plenty of things that I need to do here at Wickedly Romance this year. I have posts that I moved over that need to be updated and gone through. I figure it will take me a good six months or so to get through all of it. I will take as long as it takes.
- All Posts Updated: I plan to go through every single post, check the links, check the images, be sure the featured image is the correct size, etc and update it. While this is a lot it is not as many as it is for Rita Reviews.
- Categories Updated: I plan to delete some old ones and just organize some of the posts better this way.
- Calendars Set Up: Again, my editorial calendar can look a mess at times. This is just a matter of making sure everything is in there since I accidentally deleted this one before Christmas. This biggest goal here is to not overwhelm my calendar with book reviews, that I end up with little time for other things.
- New Colors/Look: This has mostly already happened. I have maybe a few other things to update as far as the look goes. I just wanted a much more cohesive look here. I think I have achieved that with these new colors.
- Newsletter Updated: Again this is something I haven’t changed much other than the colors. I’m giving it a full makeover.
You can head over to this post on Rita Reviews and check out all of my goals for 2020. There is a giveaway there as well, so be sure you enter on both blogs.
Enter below for your chance to win $500 PayPal money to help start the new year off right. Giveaway ends January 16, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST and is open worldwide.
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS NOW ENDED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN ENTERING. YOU CAN FIDN THE WINNER(S) LISTED ON THE GIVEAWAY WINNERS PAGE FOUND BY CLICKING HERE OR THE LINK IN THE TOP MENU.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, especially Amazon. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to purchase a book or product using my link.